Glenn M. Swiatek, P.A.
NW Florida Criminal Defense, Post Conviction Relief, Appeals
Glenn Swiatek opened his practice in Fort Walton Beach twenty years ago, gaining experience in all of the Florida court systems. He has criminal trial, post-conviction relief and appellate experience in every court of the Florida’s First Judicial Circuit. He also has appellate experience before the First District Court of Appeals and the Florida Supreme Court.
Mr. Swiatek also practices in the federal court system and is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida and the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Trial Experience in NW Florida
His trial experience ranges from representing the accused in cases of violence, drugs, DUI, theft, sex offenses to murder. He is one of the very few attorneys in Northwest Florida that only practices criminal law. Mr. Swiatek devotes a significant part of his practice to criminal appeals and post-conviction relief. Read about some of Mr. Swiatek’s cases here.
For the past five years, Mr. Swiatek has been rated as one of Florida’s Top 100 Criminal Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers. The National Trial Lawyers is a professional organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from across the country who exemplify superior qualifications as civil plaintiff or criminal defense trial lawyers.
Avvo Superb Rated Attorney
Mr. Swiatek is also an Avvo Superb Rated Attorney. Avvo takes into account information based upon consumer and legal professional confidence relevant to an attorney’s qualifications, including experience, professional achievements, and disciplinary sanctions. Mr. Swiatek is rated 9.5 out of a possible 10 points.
Mr. Swiatek also holds an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Experience & Memberships
- National Trials Lawyers – Top 100 Florida Criminal Trial Lawyers
- AVVO Superb Rated Attorney
- Researcher for cases argued before the United States Supreme Court
- Published opinions First District Court of Appeals setting binding precedent
- Published opinions First District Court of Appeals in cases of first impression
- Researcher for Oklahoma Tribal Court Reports
- Law Week Chairman for the Okaloosa-Walton Bar Association, 2002 – 2008
- President Okaloosa-Walton Chapter of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2007-2008, 2010-2013
- Mentor and volunteer Judge for the Okaloosa County Teen Court
- City of Fort Walton Beach Code Enforcement Board, 2015 – 2016
- City of Fort Walton Beach’s Municipal Planning Board, 2000 – 2003
- City of Fort Walton Beach Board of Adjustments, 2005 – 2013
- President Oklahoma City University Board of Governors, 1996-97
- Who’s Who in American Law Schools, 1994-1997
- Graduate, Fort Walton Beach High School, 1975
- Bachelor of Music Education, University of Southern Mississippi, 1980
- Graduate Certificate in Litigation, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law 1993
- Juris Doctorate, Oklahoma City University, School of Law, 1997
During his hours away from the office, Glenn enjoys playing his double bass with the Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra and performing chamber music in Europe. Glenn, as an alumnus of Fort Walton Beach High School and an active supporter of the athletic department and the Viking Band. He was the Voice of the Vikings during football season and has also been the half-time announcer for the Bruner Middle School Band.
Glenn, whose photography has been featured on the National Geographic website amongst other, is the official Viking Band Photographer.