What is Failure by a Sexual Predator to Comply with Registration Requirements (Failure to Provide Required Information) in Florida?
The crime of § 775.21(6)(a)1 Failure by a Sexual Predator to Comply with Registration Requirements is a Third Degree Felony that is punishable by 5 years in prison and a $5,000 fine.
This crime occurs when a:
- Person is a sexual predator or has agreed or stipulated that he has been convicted as a sex predator.
- The Person has an established residence in Florida.
- Person knowingly failed to provide the required information by statute to the appropriate Sheriff’s office, or knowingly failed to provide the appropriate Sheriff’s office within 48 hours after a change in vehicles owned, information about those changes.
Some of the defenses to § 775.21(6)(a)1 Failure by a Sexual Predator to Comply with Registration Requirements are:
- Person is not a sexual predator.
- The Person did not act knowingly.
- Person tried to comply but was misinformed.
Contact Criminal Defense Attorney Glenn M. Swiatek for a Free Initial Consultation
If you have been arrested or believe you will soon be arrested for the offense of Failure by a Sexual Predator to Comply with Registration Requirements in Destin, Shalimar, Crestview, Ft. Walton Beach or other areas of Northwest Florida please call us today at (850) 609‑0940 or contact us online.
Initial Office Consults are free, and I will make myself available to suit your schedule. Get the peace of mind that an attorney with over twenty-three years of criminal law experience can bring.