What is Commercial Video Voyeurism (image created in violation of § 810.145(2)(c)) in Florida?
The crime of Commercial Video Voyeurism Dissemination committed by a person 19 years old or younger is a First Degree Misdemeanor that is punishable by 1 year in jail and a $1,000 fine. The crime of Commercial Video Voyeurism Dissemination committed by a person 20 years old or older is a Third Degree Felony that is punishable by 5 years in prison and a $5,000 fine.
This crime occurs when:
- The person intentionally installed or used a device that portrays images to secretly watch/broadcast/record the victim, for the person’s own entertainment, amusement, sexual arousal, gratification, for profit or profit on behalf of another.
- The imaging device was used for the purpose of viewing undergarments or body of the victim.
- There was no knowledge or consent from victim.
- The person sold an image created in this manner of victim to another person for consideration.
- At the time, the person sold the image of victim, the person knew or had reason to know that the images had been created in this manner.
- At the time, the person sold the images, the person was 19 years of age or older, or under 19 years of age.
Broadcast” means electronically transmitting a visual image with the intent that it be viewed by another person.
Some of the defenses to Commercial Video Voyeurism Dissemination are:
- Person did not act intentionally.
- There was no consideration.
- There was consent.
Contact Criminal Defense Attorney Glenn M. Swiatek for a Free Initial Consultation
If you have been arrested or believe you will soon be arrested for the offense of Commercial Video Voyeurism (image created in violation of § 810.145(2)(c)) in Destin, Shalimar, Crestview, Ft. Walton Beach or other areas of Northwest Florida please call us today at (850) 609‑0940 or contact us online.
Initial Office Consults are free, and I will make myself available to suit your schedule. Get the peace of mind that an attorney with over twenty-three years of criminal law experience can bring.