What is Exposure of Sexual Organs in a Vulgar or Indecent Manner in Florida?
The crime of Exposure of Sexual Organs in a Vulgar or Indecent Manner is a First Degree Misdemeanor that is punishable by 1 year in jail and a $1,000 fine.
This crime occurs when a
- Person either uncovered or showed off their sexual organs or was naked.
- Person did this is in a public place, on private property of third party, or so near the private property that someone could see the person.
- Person did so in public, on the private premises of another, or so near the private premises of another as to be seen from those private premises.
- Person intended the exposure of sexual organs or nakedness to be in a vulgar, indecent, lewd, or lascivious manner.
- The exposure of the sexual organ or nakedness was in a vulgar, indecent, lewd or lascivious manner.
Actions that can violate this statute:
- Peeing in Public
- Mooning Nude
- Public Masturbating
- Skinny Dipping
- Way Too Short Shorts
- Nudists Activities Too Close to Others
“vulgar,” “indecent,” “lewd,” and “lascivious” mean the same thing: awicked, lustful or unchaste, licentious, or sensual intent on the part of the person doing an act.
“In public” means in any place intended or designed to be frequented or resorted to by the public.
Some of the defenses to Exposure of Sexual Organs in a Vulgar or Indecent Manner are:
- Person did not expose or exhibit his/her sexual organs.
- Person did not do so in public or on a private premises that offended someone.
- Person did not act in a vulgar, indecent, lewd, or lascivious manner.
Goodmakers v. State: On act in a vulgar, indecent, lewd, or lascivious manner.
Contact Criminal Defense Attorney Glenn M. Swiatek for a Free Initial Consultation
If you have been arrested or believe you will soon be arrested for the offense of Exposure of Sexual Organs in a Vulgar or Indecent Manner in Destin, Shalimar, Crestview, Ft. Walton Beach or other areas of Northwest Florida please call us today at (850) 609‑0940 or contact us online.
Initial Office Consults are free, and I will make myself available to suit your schedule. Get the peace of mind that an attorney with over twenty-three years of criminal law experience can bring.