What is Incest in Florida?
The crime of Incest is a Third Degree Felony that is punishable by 5 years in prison and a $5,000 fine.
Incest occurs when a person:
- The persons have a blood relationship where one is a direct descendant or ascendant of the other.
- The person married the relative or had sexual intercourse with the relative.
- At the time, the person knew the other person was his/her relative.
“Sexual Intercourse” is the penetration of the female sex organ by the male sex organ.
Some of the defenses to Incest are:
- Person and defendant did not have blood relationship.
- They did not have sexual intercourse.
- The person had no knowledge that the other person was a relative.
Beam v. State: On adoption.
Contact Criminal Defense Attorney Glenn M. Swiatek for a Free Initial Consultation
If you have been arrested or believe you will soon be arrested for the offense of Incest in Destin, Shalimar, Crestview, Ft. Walton Beach or other areas of Northwest Florida please call us today at (850) 609‑0940 or contact us online.
Initial Office Consults are free, and I will make myself available to suit your schedule. Get the peace of mind that an attorney with over twenty-three years of criminal law experience can bring.