How do I avoid having a longer sentence in a court?

How to get a shorter sentence

I am a criminal defense attorney and I am in court almost every day. Unfortunately, you haven’t provided sufficient information to properly answer your question. I would need to know your complete criminal history, your charges, and which court that you are in.

As a general proposition though, make sure that you are well dressed and that you remain polite when addressing the Court. You would be surprised how many people fail in that regard.

Your job is to present as much mitigation evidence as possible. For instance, a lot of my clients have mental health, drug and alcohol problems. Having an expert–a psychologist, drug rehab counselor, etc., shows the court that you are addressing your issues.

Having upstanding members of the community testify on your behalf is always a good idea. Everyone can get their family and friends to help them out. The Court is generally not too impressed with their testimony. However, having a city councilman, high school coach or principal, gets you a lot of bang for your buck.

How to hire a criminal lawyer

If you or a loved one are facing criminal charges in Destin, Ft Walton Beach, Crestview, Shalimar, 30A, or other areas of NW Florida, your highest priority should be to select an experienced criminal defense attorney.

Glenn Swiatek has the trial experience to handle your criminal charges effectively and is qualified to handle criminal appeals and post conviction relief cases in these areas of the Florida Panhandle: Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Shalimar, Crestview, Niceville, Valparaiso, 30-A, Miramar Beach, Santa Rosa Beach, Freeport, DeFuniak Springs, Navarre, Gulf Breeze, Milton, and Pensacola.

Don’t delay, call us now (850) 609-0940 or contact us online for a free consultation.